OUR H.S.E OBLIGATION
In line with the Nigerian National Policy on Occupational Safety and Health, It is our duty to ensure the safety, health and welfare of all workers within our organization . The matters to which that duty extends include, but not limited to:
- The provision and maintenance of plant and system of work that is safe and without risk to health arrangement of the workplace to ensure safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage; and transportation of articles and substances;
- Provide at no cost to the worker, occupational health protection and personal protective clothing and equipment, which are appropriate for the nature of the job;
- Provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the safety and health of all workers;
- Provision of adequate First Aid Facilities;
- Preparation, implementation and constant appropriate revision of a written statement of this general policy with respect to the safety and health of the workers;
- Ensure co-operation between management, workers and their representatives on matters relating to safety and health at the workplace;
- Ensure that no measures prejudice to a worker should be taken by reference to the fact that, in good faith, he/she complained of what is considered to be a breach of statutory requirements or a serious inadequacy in the measures taken by the employer in respect of occupational safety and health and the working environment;
- Undertake studies and keep abreast of new scientific and technical knowledge necessary to comply with the foregoing clauses and the provisions of the safety and health laws and regulations;
- Verify the effectiveness of applicable standards on occupational safety and health, periodically, using safety audits, environmental monitoring and health screening of workers and keep records of such verification including records of all notifiable occupational accidents; injuries, and occupational diseases, records of authorizations and exemptions, and data concerning exposure to specialized substances, agents and work processes; and
- Provide compensations for work-related disabilities of workers and rehabilitation of such workers as reasonably practicable.
Expectations from our Workers
It is the duty of every worker in the formal or informal sector, while at work:
- To co-operate with Government and employers in the fulfilment of the obligations placed on him/her by this policy to secure the occupational safety, health and welfare in the workplace as defined by this policy;
- To take reasonable care for his/her health and safety and other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions;
- To comply with the instructions given for their own safety and health and those of others and with safety and health procedures;
- To use safety and health devices and protective equipment correctly and not render them inoperative;
- To report forthwith to their immediate supervisor any situations that could present a hazard, and if need be to the inspector of Factories closest to the workplace and report any accident or injury to health to the employer, and if need to be the inspector of Factories closest to the workplace.
Expectations from our Manufacturers / HSE Suppliers / Contractors
It is the duty of any person or organization who designs, manufacturers, imports or supplies any equipment article or substance for use at work:
- To ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the product is safe and without risks to health when properly used;
- To carry out or arrange for the carrying out of such testing and examination as may be necessary for the performance of the duty imposed on him under the Factories Act
- To take such steps as may be necessary to ensure that there will be adequate information available in connection with the safe operation of machines and the use of products at work.